(.)_(.)
Monday, July 11, 2005
dog days
A bit belated but the 4th was fun. Jay came down Sunday and joined Reen and I at a friend's house for a party. We got to see the fireworks (disappointing) and generally had a nice time. Up to Erin and Dan’s on the 4th itself, for a celebration of Duncan and Dad’s birthdays.

As part of dinner at E&D&D’s I made some sausage. My first 100% original recipe. It came out quite well and was well received, so that made me happy.

Reen is officially a local celebrity now that she works at the Hospital. All sorts of folks say hi to her around town. And although she’s too modest to tell you herself, her fine work has certainly been noticed within the hospital itself. The most recent evidence of this being the extra serving of stuffing she was given by the cafeteria staff at lunch last week. I am happy just to bask in the glow of her fame.

A little bit of fishing lately, but no real excitement. I’ve been trying out some rubber baits for the first time, namely fin-s and sluggos. Apparently they work great for stripers and I look forward to confirming that very fact. I did make a visit down to Quissett Harbor one night last week and fished off the dock there a bit. It was a virtual striper nursery down there. I had some fun playing with different lures and retrieves, but most of my stuff was too big for these little guys. I did manage to catch and release 4 of the braver souls, all about a foot long. There was also a small dogfish swimming around for a while which was cool.

The Revs lost their 2nd game of the season on Saturday. They’re missing a few of the top guys who are off with the US National team and the folks that were left just couldn’t get the job done. Not to worry however. The full Revs team is still the best 11 in the league and they will not miss the playoffs, so getting some quality minutes for the younger guys is good in the long run. Much worse than the loss is that I fear I’ve slipped from first place in my Revs prediction league for the first time all season. If I’m going to be a nerd, then I want to be the best nerd, and second place just isn’t good enough.

It took me 3 games to hit a home run. I also drilled the little pitcher guy once which was fun too.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Erin
  • Pete
  • Michael
  • Jason
  • A.P.


  • 23

    3.5

  • america the beautiful
  • a night on the water
  • mr and mrs sandy pants
  • beach bums
  • hole in the ozone
  • two day work week
  • soccer and snausage
  • i'm an expert
  • anniversary
  • my first fishy

  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • December 2007
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2011


    Powered by Blogger