(.)_(.)
Monday, January 30, 2006
wherefore art thou patches
let me just say that I've been holding back on the soccer news, with MLS in the offseason. But there was a draft (Revs nabbed a player from Lehigh!) and the National Team is continuing to prepare for the WC in June.

pete’s picture of a funny lost cat sign reminds me of one Reen and I have seen for a full year now posted by the Chappy Ferry over on the Vineyard. I don’t recall the cat’s name but as it turns out, it’s not that important, so let’s just call him Patches. There’s the standard text describing what Patches looks like, where/when he was lost etc. And then beneath the description are the bulleted items which include the following two gems: (1) his collar has no name tag and (2) he does not answer to his name when called. So we saw this and both had a good laugh because obviously Patches is screwed. The image of people combing the neighborhood calling Patches’ name while he was huddled in the brush trying to stay out of sight tickled the funny bone. It was only fitting then that the posting was still up a year later. Poor Patches. R.I.P.

I am woefully behind on my sausage production this year. None will be placed in the 2006 logbook for January. Breaking my grinder set me back motivationally a fair bit. When the venny was fresh there was no option but to get it ground. Now I have a few pounds ground and a few more cubed and it’s all frozen. In addition I have a couple of pounds of frozen moose meat from my soster which I need to give some attention to. I’ll get there eventually.

We managed to finish painting the guest bathroom this weekend. Reen demoed the old vanity and disconnected the light fixture, spackled, sanded, washed and taped everything after work during the past two weeks. We chose a tan/medium brown. Reen calls it “coffee with cream” and Ben Moore calls it Algonquin Tan. We got the first coat down mid-week and the second coat up on Sunday. I must say that it looks good. It actually helps make the crummy tanish toilet/sink/tub color not look so bad. Instead they kind of just blend in now. Starting our painting adventure with the red in the living room really prepared us for the worst. If it doesn’t take 5 coats to cover then it seems easy. Although getting in behind the toilet wasn’t too much fun and there was a lot more cutting in to do in this small room due to the closet, window, shower, door and sink. Next steps are to get the new light fixture and mirror up in there.

For all you health nuts out there, good practice would now dictate that you limit your intake of haggis to once a week from here on out. One serving per week only please.
Comments:
Who is your moose meat supplier "soster" ???
 
The meat is from my dear sister. I had the pleasure of visiting Denmark a while back and grew fond of the terms broder and soster to replace the english terms.

Come to think of it, it's more than likely that the meat is actually from my soster's husband, who would be my svoger. Thank you svoger eller soster!
 
Velbekomme
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Erin
  • Pete
  • Michael
  • Jason
  • A.P.


  • 23

    3.5

  • eyebrows, tivo and cannibals
  • like a boxer who is down to his last strike
  • klezmerized
  • 75 in '05
  • gumbo
  • andouille indeed have fun
  • grinder update
  • plastic doodads
  • the draw is bloody
  • broke down kitchen

  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • December 2007
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2011


    Powered by Blogger