(.)_(.)
Thursday, January 12, 2006
like a boxer who is down to his last strike
did anyone else catch this gem of an analogy from Senator Charles E. Grassley from Iowa during Tuesday’s confirmation hearing? ''You're the quarterback and your team is way ahead here in the fourth quarter, and opponents are very desperate. They haven't hit you all day, now for two days. And you're going to keep getting these last-minute hail marys thrown at you." I sure hope Brady doesn’t have too many hail marys thrown at him in Denver this weekend. I guess we can thank Joe Biden for starting this trend with his crappy baseball/strike zone analogy during the Roberts hearings.

But why dwell on that stuff when we can talk about glowing green pigs?! I’ll be accepting sausage recipe ideas for this at least until my mail order green pig butt comes in the mail.

And I will note with some sadness that reality tv may be coming to P-Town here on the Cape. Have I mentioned that I’m not a big fan of reality tv? Joyless humbug that I am.
Comments:
Mmmmm, glowing green pigs. Seeing as you're the pig-part-pro, can you share with me what a "trotter" is? From the article: "In daylight the researchers say the pigs' eyes, teeth and trotters look green"
 
Green Eggs and Ham, duh...
 
I believe the author is refering directly to the pig's feet. But in a culinary sense, the trotter is any part of the pig leg below the ham. Granted that isn't too much. The meatiest part would be the upper, kind of the puzzle piece that would fit opposite the tapered end of the ham. It would include from there right on down to the tootsies.

Even more gross than that is that I've seen stuff called 'trotter' which is a hollowed out pig's foot which is stuffed with other swinealicious goodies and then steamed.

And to my dear wife, I would think that you've got it backwards. This would be green ham and eggs!
 
I believe it is Green (Eggs and Ham), not (Green Eggs) and Ham.

In other words, both the ham and the eggs were green.
 
Jason is correct. I have the original source here from Dr. Seuss, and in the photos it is quite clear that the word green is used to modify both the eggs and the ham.
 
So did I mention that a trotter is a pig's foot?

...

ok. One thousand apologies to my dear wife for suggesting that she had it backwards. I should have known better.
 
Jason and Pumpkinmama, thanks for backing me up! I knew pumpkinmama would set the record straight, since she has most of the Dr. Seuss collection memeorized. And I should have assumed Jason has probably read a fair amount of Dr. Seuss to his sweet boy as well.

To Mark, I would not accept your apology, even if I was stuck way up in a tree. I would not forgive you, even if I was in a canoe. I will expect my feet to be rubbed, a bath drawn in the tub (ed). This is harder than I thought it would be...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Erin
  • Pete
  • Michael
  • Jason
  • A.P.


  • 23

    3.5

  • klezmerized
  • 75 in '05
  • gumbo
  • andouille indeed have fun
  • grinder update
  • plastic doodads
  • the draw is bloody
  • broke down kitchen
  • welcome welcome
  • please stop hugging my kid

  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • December 2007
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2011


    Powered by Blogger