(.)_(.)
Thursday, May 05, 2005
chernie
I came across this quite haunting travelogue, put together by a Russian biker chick who took her motorcycle, camera and geiger counter for a ride through the wastelands in and around Chernobyl. Creeepy.

I sprained my right thumb playing v-ball Tuesday night. It hurts and is slightly discolored but I can still work the TV remote so it’s not that bad. And Reen helped me open jars last night so I could cook dinner.

Our friend Kevin from UD happens to be visiting USGS in Woods Hole so Reen and I are going to see him Thursday night for dinner. You can view a fascinating informative video about him here. We once had lunch with Kevin at that Italian restaurant on 896 down towards the mall. Our waitress mistook Kevin for one of Reen’s favorite actors which gave us all a good laugh.

My dear lovely wife gently woke me this morning at 5:45 to ask for my assistance with re-hanging the shower curtain rod which had failed again. This was just the latest episode in what had become a too-long stretch of bad behavior for said rod. Seemingly secured snugly in place at one moment only to be heard crashing to the floor the next, our shower curtain rod has been a non-functioning pain in the ass for the better part of two weeks. Being the bright boy that I am, I tried to fix it into place even more firmly this morning and promptly broke it. So we were both left to bathe w/o a shower curtain. I must say that it is quite odd to take a shower with no curtain or door present. Doubly so when there is a full length mirror directly opposite the bath.
Comments:
You could just do what people have been doing from the beginning of time until showers were invented - take a bath.
 
Mom: Too Funny!

Moosler:
I've seen that Russian woman's website before, a few years ago, and agree it's quite creepy. Fascinating stuff. For some reason the picture of the old, rusting barges is particularly spooky to me.

There's been considerable controversy on the web since this site first surfaced over how honest she's been about her exploits. A quick google search should provide plenty of links if you're interested.

I thought Reen always opened jars for you?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Erin
  • Pete
  • Michael
  • Jason
  • A.P.


  • 23

    3.5

  • thursday was a good day
  • what's a bung?
  • i did these things
  • a day in the life
  • loverly weekend
  • barley clowns
  • hotwheels
  • found some pork fat (and a good burrito)
  • clams, fish and eggs
  • waterfront home

  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • December 2007
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2011


    Powered by Blogger