(.)_(.)
Friday, August 11, 2006
family gifts
heeeeeeeeere's Reenie! At about 33 weeks and looking great. Apologies for the blurry picture.


We were down in PA recently for Reen's baby shower. Which for me involved saying hi to most of the guests and then spending the afternoon with Jason and the boy wonder Kellen, then finally returning to the house to see all the phat loot that we received. Thanks everybody! Two gifts must be singled out however, as they are handmade family heirloom type stuff.

The quilt from Reen's mom


and a knit blanket from my dear sister.

The pictures aren't great but if you click for the full sized version you can see the details a bit better. Our child will surely be kept warm, wrapped in the love of his/her extended family. Awww.

Speaking of said baby. The working nickname for a while now has been Wolfie and this name is still sanctioned by the parents. However...we recently watched the new King Kong movie and as the onscreen Ape was bellowing and pounding its chest, the baby was going to crazy in Reen's belly. So I started using Baby Kong as a nickname that day. Then we had our 32 week ultrasound and the hand which we could see clearly was balled in a fist, lending more credence to the notion of a Baby Kong.

I recently stumbled across this creepy, creepy online version of a cartoon I remember from childhood, For Better or For Worse. She Blinks! Ahhhhh!
Comments:
Why does every post about me and the baby end with something creepy???
 
Are you saying you remember FBOFW in general or that strip in particular?
 
was Baby Kong reacting to the ape in the movie, or was he reacting to the over-all crappiness of the movie? As if to say to Maureen "Please, i can't stand anymore of the horrible movie... make it stop. If you don't stop the movie immediately, i swear to you i will not potty train until i am 7 and, so help me God, I will vomit all over you when you put on a pretty dress."
 
I remember the comic strip in general, not that particular 3 frames. In fact I don't even recognize the people in that blinking one. It seems that the children in the cartoon have all grown up!

And to Reen: I suppose I am unable to make a post which is only cutesey sweetie pie stuff. I must feel the need to temper that with...other stuff. I think I'm just scared that I'll get all girly man and change my blog background to little dancing boys or something else equally questionable.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Erin
  • Pete
  • Michael
  • Jason
  • A.P.


  • 23

    3.5

  • awwww
  • a season of growth...and pig heads
  • zizou's petals
  • postmortem
  • dawn the shoar
  • adios
  • 8 for 8 (+1)
  • memo
  • family, soccer and snobs
  • baloney tree

  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • December 2007
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2011


    Powered by Blogger