(.)_(.)
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
postseason
I recently upgraded my sausage making hardware with the purchase of a stand alone grinder and vertical stuffer which should handle 5 pounds of sausage in no time flat. I love my Kitchen Aid and it got me by for 3 years now, but I am quite happy to have tools that were built for the job. Turning out the goods for the party will be a fine test as I’ll be making quite a few batches.

Maybe I’ve mentioned this, but I really hate Coors Light billing itself as the “coldest tasting” beer. Knowing how much money is spent to design add campaigns and such, it’s troubling to know that this was a calculated decision on their part. “Alright boys, gather round now. We’ve decided that the best option on the table is to promote our product with this grammatical train wreck of a phrase. We think it will appeal quite well to the already drunk frat boy demographic.” Talk about the dumbing down of America.

The Revs tied at KC Saturday night, coupled with DC losing at home, this means that the Revolution will have home field for the balance of the playoffs. A just reward after being the dominant team in MLS from start to finish. Despite all this success, I’m not feeling great about the Revs playoff chances; they just haven’t been playing the same dominant soccer lately that was the hallmark of the first 2/3 of the season. I guess we’ll see what happens soon enough. One more regular season game and then the fun starts. I would like to beat Chicago and DC in the first rounds and then play San Jose in the final. Could you please arrange that for me?

Mirroring the Revs’ late season swoon into mediocrity, I’ve fallen to a lowly 5th place in my prediction league. So sad.
Comments:
Its phrases like "sausage making hardware" that'll get you all the good google hits. Excellent work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Erin
  • Pete
  • Michael
  • Jason
  • A.P.


  • 23

    3.5

  • they're back
  • fun in the sun
  • house sweet home
  • alemania 2006
  • kith...rip
  • soccer on tv
  • hotwurst
  • all hail
  • night swimming
  • this and next

  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • December 2007
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2011


    Powered by Blogger