(.)_(.)
Monday, March 14, 2005
say thankya
Finished The Dark Tower this weekend. It's been a long journey indeed. Mixed feelings about the ending. The final confrontation of Good vs. Evil was kind of not good. There were many more moments in the story which were much more epic. I also was dissapointed that the final conflict relied too heavily on a character which was relatively new to the story. As far as "how the story ends" after the confrontation, well I thought King did very well. So kudos for that. In general the whole end of the series felt rushed to me, esspecially Susanah's Song.

If you have a second, take a gander at the poem which inspired King to start writing this story in 1970. I think it's great.

I printed out this dragon illusion thing and folded it up but it doesn't quite work properly for me. Stupid dragons.

Lindsay ran a half marathon this Saturday. It was raining when she started and progressed through sleet and then into snow. 13 miles, soaking wet and freezing. Cars splashing through puddles as they drive by. She and the other racers are insane. Good news is that Lindsay finished in 3rd place overall for the women. She got a jacket from Puma and a free pair of running shoes.

I made a quick cassoulet from the Jacques Pepin's cookbook that Millburg gave to us last week. It was delicious. However I did feel funny having to buy sausage from the grocery. I felt slightly ashamed that I didn't have any homemade waiting in the freezer.
Comments:
I love the Browning poem too, and I too could not get the stupid dragon thingy to work - I'm wondering if the builder can't see it because they "know" the trick - did you try it out on anyone else?
 
I have since gotten it to work. I originally thought the directions were wrong (arrogance!) but ultimately did it they way it's described.

To get it to actually "work" I have the best luck from at least 6 feet away and when it's above my sight line, so there's no chance of seeing the back/top.

It works for me and has elicited girlish shrieks of joy from two of my co-workers.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Erin
  • Pete
  • Michael
  • Jason
  • A.P.


  • 23

    3.5

  • glad we're not dead

  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • December 2007
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2011


    Powered by Blogger